Needlework Guild of Minnesota MembershipMembership Information
Membership with our Guild
Since its formation in 1972, the Guild has had steady growth in varied directions. With its purpose of fostering the art of needlework through its educational programs, the Guild encourages members to develop high standards in the needlearts. We are 200+ strong and member benefits are far reaching.
Our members can enjoy fellowship, learn and share knowledge and ability. The generous nature of the Needlework Guild members makes these groups work. Time and talent are given freely so the result is a group for all levels of learning. The enthusiasm is contagious and works to the benefit of everyone.
Joins us, won’t you? You can register here.
Benefits List and Fees:
Membership dues are $30.00 per year.
- Receive our bi-monthly newsletter, THE NEEDLE’S EYE.
- Attend monthly programs planned for the entire membership which can include stitching, lectures, demonstrations, and guest teachers.
- Meet with the smaller Special Interest Groups, which include Daytime Counted Thread, Evening Counted Thread, Evening Needlepointers, Sampler Study Group, Beading, and Potpourri Stitchers (formerly Smockers & Quilters) to pursue an interest in depth.
- Take diverse workshops with qualified instructors ranging from one day to multi-day concentrated classes (beginner to advanced)
- Utilize the ever-growing number of books, periodicals, slides and video tapes in the Guild’s circulating library.
- Attend the Annual Meeting — brunch and specialty program
- Attend our annual retreat in August.
- Benefit from the Memorial Education Fund — two retreat scholarships given and support for back to basics classes.
- Volunteer opportunities available. Serve on our board, edit a newsletter, organize classes, help plan our annual retreat and much more. You will gain excellent experience in a supportive atmosphere.
- Make lasting and rewarding friendships.
Meetings are held in the large fireplace room on the lower level. The room is accessible by stairs or elevator.
St. Nicholas Episcopal Church
Join NGM today!
Your needlework home.