We will begin making the Bubbles and Bumps Necklace by Jill Wiseman. The pattern can be found in Jill's book Beautiful Beaded Ropes, pp. 76-79. It is constructed in herringbone stitch using different sizes of beads to make the bumps. Part 2 for constructing this necklace is the November 2020 meeting.
This group explores a variety of off-loom bead weaving stitches using the many types of beads available, as well as finishing techniques and how to use jewelry findings. At times we study some non-needle projects such as chain maille, kumihimo, and wirework.
- A copy of Jill's book
- 24 grams size 11 seed beads (main rope color)
- 2 grams size 15 seed beads
- 6 grams size 8 seed beads
- 22 grams size 6 seed beads
- 11 8mm round glass beads (for inside the bumps)
- size 10-12 beading or sharp needle
- favorite beading thread, Nymo D or 6 lb. Fireline
- usual beading supplies
This group meets monthly on the 2nd Friday from 10am–12pm.
LOCATION: We are temporarily meeting by video conference due to COVID-19. A link to connect to it is on the Member Resources page.