SIGs and Stitch-Ins
NGM has seven or eight meetings every month for you to choose from. Daytime and Evening Stitch-In programs provide exposure to a range of needlework techniques and fiber arts. They may be lectures, informal presentations, or hands-on activities. Five special interest groups, or SIGs, also meet every month, with a sixth meeting two or three times a year. Programs for the SIGs typically address the special interest, especially with stitching projects. Every monthly meeting is open to any member. Attendees may stitch on any project they choose. Registration or a kit fee may be required to participate in the program of the day.
- Daytime Stitch-In
- Evening Stitch-In
- Daytime Counted Thread and Needlepoint
- Evening Counted Thread
- Evening Needlepointers
- Potpourri Stitchers
- Japanese Embroidery (meets at intervals, not monthly)
Guests are welcome to attend two meetings before becoming a member. Members can attend either or both monthly Stitch Ins as well.
Programs and Special Events
- Laura Andrews (October 14 & 15, 2017) – 4 half-day beading classes
- March to the Finish (March 3 & 4, 2018)
- Annual Meeting – (April 7, 2018) – Pat Cox will be guest speaker, followed by afternoon class on crazy quilting
- Jennifer Riefenberg – (May 3 & 4, 2018) – “Radishes”
- Jackie du Plessis – (May 19 & 20, 2018) – classes to be determined
- Betsy Morgan – (September 13 – 16, 2018) – “Swan’s Bower” and “Toy Box Etui”
We gather every August at a retreat center in Buffalo, Minnesota. The setting is a beautiful spot along the shore of Buffalo Lake and we fill the retreat center with our group for three days of classes and events; with many members taking advantage of early arrival days for additional independent stitching.
- Dates: August 9 – 13, 2017. Early arrival begins August 7, 2017.
- Theme: “Follow the SUN” with sunflowers as the icons.
- Retreat 2017 has a waiting list. Register to be placed on it.