SIGs and Stitch-Ins
NGM has seven or eight meetings every month for you to choose from. Daytime and Evening Stitch-In programs provide exposure to a range of needlework techniques and fiber arts. They may be lectures, informal presentations, or hands-on activities. Five special interest groups, or SIGs, also meet every month, with a sixth meeting two or three times a year. Programs for the SIGs typically address the special interest, especially stitching projects. Every monthly meeting is open to any member. Attendees may stitch on any project they choose. Registration or a kit fee may be required to participate in the program of the day.
- Daytime Stitch-In
- Evening Stitch-In
- Daytime Counted Thread and Needlepoint
- Evening Counted Thread
- Evening Needlepointers
- Potpourri Stitchers
- Japanese Embroidery (meets at intervals, not monthly)
Guests are welcome to attend two meetings before becoming a member. Members can attend either or both monthly Stitch Ins as well.
Programs and Special Events
- Annual Meeting (April 7, 2018)
- March to the Finish (March 2018)
- Upcoming Workshops and Classes
We gather every August at a retreat center in Buffalo, Minnesota. The setting is a beautiful spot along the shore of Buffalo Lake and we fill the retreat center with our group for three days of classes and events; with many members taking advantage of early arrival days for additional independent stitching.
- Dates: August 9 – 13, 2017. Early arrival begins August 7, 2017.
- Theme: “Follow the Sun” with sunflowers as the icons.
- Retreat 2017 has a waiting list. Register to be placed on it.