Work one or all four of Marilyn Owen’s Ornament Quartet to learn some classic needlepoint patterns: Bargello, Pattern, Couching, Diaper Patterns, String Art and Nun’s Stitch Edging. This is a two-month program that will be taught for both Evening Stitch-In and Evening Needlepointers by Sandy Resnick in November 2020 and February 2021. During the second meeting, we'll discuss finishing. If you don't want to finish these as ornaments, each will fit in the top of a Sudberry small oak box.
This project was originally published in the 2011 ANG Chapter Project Book, and the designer is making the instructions available to us. See the Aug/Sept and Oct/Nov issues of The Needle's Eye for information about how to order the pattern.
- 18 count mono canvas, color of your choice, 12"x 12" for all four ornaments; or 6"x 6" piece for one ornament
- Stretcher bars and tacks
- #8 pearl cotton, contrasting with canvas color
- Floss to match #8 pearl cotton
- Floss to match canvas color
- #12 and #8 metallic braid, contrasting with canvas color
- 1/16” metallic ribbon, contrasting with canvas color
- Sewing thread same color as canvas
This group explores a wide variety of specialty threads and stitches on canvas including counted needlepoint and finishing techniques. All stitchers are welcome.
This group meets monthly on the 3rd Thursday from 7 pm-9 pm.
LOCATION: We are temporarily meeting by video conference due to COVID-19. A link to connect to it is on the Member Resources page.